The Canada Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, recently told reporters that the country is welcoming more immigrants from Hong Kong. The 2016 Census shows that 215,000 Hong Kong-born Canadians were living in the country. In consonance with this, the Press reports state another 300,000 Canadian citizens and permanent residents are currently living in Hong Kong. Given these statistics, the country is planning to extend more invitations to immigrants from Hong Kong.
In this article, we’ll provide you with an update on how the country plans to welcome immigrants from Hong Kong.
Going back to the past, a huge number of Hong Kong immigrants were apparent in the 1980s and 1990s. Most of them immigrated to Canada via the Immigrant Investor Program (IIP) or the federal entrepreneur program. However, these programs were eventually terminated. In recent years, there has been a lower number of immigrants. In 2015, only 900 people moved to Canada, while 1,500 immigrants were welcomed last year. Today, there are more than 500,000 people from Hong Kong living in this country.
There are various options for immigration, such as the following:
- Family class immigration: This is an excellent option for people with close family members staying in Canada because members or relatives outside of the country can apply through sponsorship programs.
- Express Entry: This option is ideal for people without family members in Canada. It is the flagship immigration system for skilled workers who want to immigrate. In essence, applicants can use the Federal Skilled Worker Program to become eligible for the Express Entry.
Reasons Hong Kong people consider Canadian immigration
As mentioned, many citizens of Hong Kong have moved into the country for various causes in their home country. Here are several reasons for the shift:
- Political situation: Times have been uncertain in Hong Kong due to political unrest. It’s apparent that there have been several pro-democracy protests and demonstrations since June 2019, and this has caused many people to move.
- A high cost of living: It’s undeniable that the cost of living in Hong Kong is extremely high. For instance, a one-bedroom apartment in the city will cost you about $2,997 a month compared to $1,747 per month in Toronto.
Reasons to immigrate to Canada
There are various reasons to immigrate to Canada. On top of these are the following:
- The great attractions: The country is known for many great attractions—from 47 national parks to over 250,000 lakes down to famous attractions, such as Canadian Rockies, Niagara Falls, and the Northern lights, among many others.
- The diversified cities: The country has one of the most multicultural populations in the world. It is a conglomeration of people from different parts of the world and from all walks of life.
- The robust economy and safety: The country has one of the most robust economies in the world. Furthermore, it is ranked sixth on the list of the most peaceful countries in the world.
As Canada is always welcoming, people from Hong Kong should take advantage of this great opportunity. With the recent announcement made by the Prime Minister himself, it’s a good idea to consider taking the plunge into immigrating to Canada.
To get your application started, you have to work with an immigration agency that can assist you every step of the way. With their help, you can soon become a permanent resident of Canada, taking advantage of the many wonderful opportunities the country offers!
If you’re looking for professional help from a trusted firm, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-404-8472.
No comment yet, add your voice below!